Publications on adaptation pathways
This page identifies a number of key formal scientific publications on pathways. Many of these are referenced in context on the other pathways pages on this website, but are consolidated here as a literature resource on adaptation pathways.
- Wise, R.M., Fazey, I., Stafford Smith, M., Park, S.E., Eakin, H.C., Archer Van Garderen, E.R.M., Campbell, B. (2014) Reconceptualising adaptation to climate change as part of pathways of change and response. Global Environmental Change 28, 325-336. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2013.12.002
- Rosenzweig, C., Solecki, W. (2014) Hurricane Sandy and adaptation pathways in New York: Lessons from a first-responder city. Global Environmental Change-Human and Policy Dimensions 28, 395-408.
- Maru, Y.T., Stafford Smith, M., Sparrow, A., Pinho, P.F., Dube, O.P. (2014) A linked vulnerability and resilience framework for adaptation pathways in remote disadvantaged communities. Global Environmental Change 28, 337-350.
- Butler, J.R.A., Suadnya, W., Puspadi, K., Sutaryono, Y., Wise, R.M., Skewes, T.D., Kirono, D., Bohensky, E.L., Handayani, T., Habibi, P., Kisman, M., Suharto, I., Hanartani, Supartarningsih, S., Ripaldi, A., Fachry, A., Yanuartati, Y., Abbas, G., Duggan, K., Ash, A. (2014) Framing the application of adaptation pathways for rural livelihoods and global change in eastern Indonesian islands. Global Environmental Change 28, 368-382.
- Haasnoot, M., Kwakkel, J.H., Walker, W.E., ter Maat, J. (2013) Dynamic adaptive policy pathways: A method for crafting robust decisions for a deeply uncertain world. Global Environmental Change 23, 485–498.
- Haasnoot, M., Middelkoop, H., Offermans, A., Beek, E., Deursen, W. (2012) Exploring pathways for sustainable water management in river deltas in a changing environment. Climatic Change 115, 795-819.
- Moss, A., Martin, S. (2012) Flexible adaptation pathways. ClimateXChange, Scotland.
- Stafford Smith, M., Horrocks, L., Harvey, A., Hamilton, C. (2011) Rethinking adaptation for a 4C World. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 196-216.
- Reeder, T., Ranger, N. (2011) How do you adapt in an uncertain world? Lessons from the Thames Estuary 2100 project. World Resources Report. World Resources, Washington, DC.